In order to obtain the most from speech recognition, Speakeasy Solutions Inc. encourages the adoption of Dragon Professional or Dragon® Medical Practice Edition.
Dragon Edition Feature Comparison
Dragon® Professional, Dragon® Legal, and Dragon® Medical Practice Edition have extensive customization and deployment capabilities, enabling busy professionals to get more done in less time without changing their workflow.
If you are uncertain which edition of Dragon would best accommodate your needs, please contact Alexandria of our office at 604-264-9109 (toll free 1-888-964-9109) ext. 102. or arrange a pre-sales consultation online.
The Bottom Line
Due to a variety of enhanced features, medical practitioners (whether a specialist or general practitioner) would do well to use Dragon® Medical Practice Edition. Why?
- Highest accuracy possible by using 1 (or more if needed) of approximately 90 specialty and sub-specialty vocabularies, including a Family Medicine vocabulary.
- The ability to dictate while perusing lab results, EMR histories, reference material, and so on. Dictation is immediately trapped inside a hidden dictation box for proofreading and transferring when convenient to do so.
- No limitations when dictating with an EMR. Nuance disables all non-medical editions of Dragon from functioning with most EMRs.
- Use in multiple networked exam rooms with one single user profile.
- Numerous medical specific formatting options to achieve perfect results.
Professional, Legal, Group, Group Single User, and Individual
Consider Dragon® Professional Group under the following circumstances:
- The need for administrative deployment and updating of custom words and commands across multiple users from via Nuance’s Management Centre, which is hosted in the United States of America*.
- MSI installation requirements within an organization.
- A volume license purchase is desired.
- A maintenance agreement is needed.
- All points listed directly below regarding Dragon® Professional Group Single User.
*According to PIPEDA law, you are responsible for all information transmitted. At this time, the NMC and Dragon Anywhere components are hosted on servers in the United States of America. Once information is transmitted into the United States of America, it falls under the jurisdiction of that country (including the Patriot Act).
Consider Dragon® Professional Group Single User under the following circumstances:
- A user dictates across multiple computers and wishes to synchronize their Dragon user profile, avoiding additional work and ongoing maintenance.
- A user needs to use Dragon across a Remote Desktop connection or Citrix virtualized environment without Dragon being locally installed.
- A user wishes to dictate with Dragon but not proofread their own dictation, thereby needing an assistant to perform this task.
Otherwise, Dragon® Professional Individual would suffice.
Dragon® Legal is unnecessary for Canadians as the Legal vocabulary is American based, and spelling in its Legal and General vocabularies are American and not Canadian. Dragon® Professional offers Canadian spelling.
Speakeasy Solutions provides the following product matrix, comparing the PC Dragon editions: Dragon Feature Comparison.