Quickly and independently create documents & email with the freedom to work anytime, anyplace.
Transcription Technology Video Presentation
A Speakeasy Solutions presentation on Transcription Technologies in the Law Firm. This video is based on a presentation Alexandria Carstens gave before an audience of Legal office professionals.
The focus of the presentation is to provide an overview regarding the various transcription solutions available today, incorporating Dragon speech recognition and/or a professional dictation solution (Olympus or Philips).
While a lengthy video, it does move fairly quickly in order to cover as many pertinent points as possible.
Dragon® Professional® (Legal is unnecessary for Canadian lawyers) enables legal professionals to create documents, send and manage email, and control their PC desktop and applications by voice. Dragon is three times faster than typing and delivers up to 99% accuracy. Whether you work at a law firm or in a corporate legal department, Dragon Legal is the ideal solution for reducing both transcription costs and reliance on support staff, while dramatically speeding document turnaround.Literature Downloads (click to view)» Posts from Speakeasy Solutions Inc.'s Blog»
Dragon Professional With & Without Digital Voice Dictation
Organized below is a flowchart outlining the use of Dragon Professional speech recognition in the office, or outside of the office with a digital voice recorder or Smartphone.
Some lawyers will wish to control some or all aspects of email and document generation. Others are far too busy to spend any time proofreading (editing their misspoken words or correcting Dragon's transcription errors).
Regardless of the level of involvement, Dragon Professional speech recognition saves a lawyer time, offers more control, and assists in completing various tasks more quickly.
Click the image below to view full size.
Digital Voice Dictation
Practices are finding that their analogue dictation and transcription systems have become increasingly prone to breakdowns and require frequent maintenance. At the same time, firms are expanding, lawyers are increasingly working from home, and sharing more support staff.
Managing dictation can be a difficult task. Implementing an easy to manage and expandable digital dictation solution, increases staff productivity, streamlines dictation processes and improves document workflow.Literature Downloads»
Combining Speech Recognition & Digital Voice Dictation
When these two productivity enhancing technologies are combined, the solution offers the utmost flexibility for legal practitioners. While in the office, email and documents are created directly and in real time on the author/speaker's computer. While out of the office, a digital voice recorder captures letters, memos and even lengthy documentation.
The resulting recording is sent via email, FTP or LAN (when back in the office) to a specific recipient who then transcribes the dictation in conjunction with speech recognition. Such digital dictations are automatically transcribed by Dragon as well, if desired. A well-planned workflow solution allows for seamless integration of these two technologies, providing the users a true competitive advantage.Literature Downloads» Posts from Speakeasy Solutions Inc.'s Blog»
- Philips digital knocks out analog
- A Simple switch -- Philips analog to digital (the details)
- Philips - Advantages of Digital Dictation
- Olympus Professional Legal Dictation Systems
- Toronto law firm streamlines dictation processes and increases productivity
with Philips enterprise digital dictation system
- Philips SpeechExec Enterprise digital dictation workflow system a “force multiplier” for Ohio law firm
- Digital Pocket Memo 9600 increases Mississippi Law Firm's Billable Hours
- Philips SpeechExec Enterprise provides Web-based, remote file transfer that supports a Kentucky law firm’s growth by enabling telecommuting, flexible hours, and workflow management
- Philips Professional Dictation Solutions
- Dragon Transcription Workflow in a Legal Practice (assisting you in reviewing the different options and methods of implementing Dragon and digital dictation in your office)
- How to Use Voice Technology to Launch Your Legal Career (a great overview regarding using the power of your voice for everyday business)