It’s been almost 5 years since the previous version of Dragon® Medical Practice Edition (2), and Speakeasy Solutions is very excited to announce the next major leap forward in speech recognition for medical practitioners!
So let’s get to it!
The new version of Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 4 is available almost immediately. Upgrades and full editions, barring any unforeseen circumstances, are available the week of January 21, 2018.
Pricing remains the same.
- $1599.95 for a full edition of Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 4. Physical copy or digital download are available.
- $599.95 for an upgrade to Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 4 from Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 2. Digital download only. If a physical copy is required, please advise and we will send you a USB memory stick.
- The above upgrade price is available to current users of Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 1 (a.k.a. Dragon Medical 11) for a limited time only (precise time not yet known). Current users are encouraged to purchase upgrades as soon as possible.
How to Purchase
- Contact Alexandria of Speakeasy Solutions by telephone (604-264-9109 or 1-888-964-9109 Ext. 102).
- Send an email expressing what you wish.
- Purchase online.
- DMPE 4 full version (software only).
- DMPE 4 full version complete package solution (installation, training, and support for 2 years).
- DMPE 4 full version à la carte solution (pick and choose the products and services you wish).
- DMPE 4 upgrade (software only).
- DMPE 4 upgrade version complete package solution (installation, training, and support for 2 years).
- DMPE 4 upgrade version installation solution (installation and support for 2 years).
Cheque, e-transfer, Visa, and MasterCard.
The entire interface is revamped and is far more compact, taking up considerably less screen real estate.
A considerable boost in accuracy as a result of enhanced acoustic and language models with deep learning technology. TRANSLATION: the core is streamlined with new technology, resulting in a massive leap in attainable accuracy. (An upcoming blog post will discuss this in more detail for those who are interested.)
Support for internal microphones (in a quiet environment) is useful to some tablet or portable users.
Voice training is no longer necessary, however Speakeasy Solutions recommends its signature techniques for attaining 100% accuracy and contending with stubborn misrecognitions.
Improved performance of Dragon on lower specced machines. While Dragon functions on a single processor core now, Speakeasy Solutions highly recommends at least a dual core, and preferably a quad core. The new version is optimized specifically for i7 CPUs. 8 GB of RAM absolute minimum (although will function on 4 GB, but this leaves little resources for other applications), and optimally 16 GB of RAM.
Multiple USB microphones now reside under 1 Dragon User Profile, rather than having to create a new or an additional user profile for a new USB microphone.
Chrome support accompanies the new version of Dragon® Medical Practice Edition 4. This is of considerable importance for users of web-based EMRs.
PC and App Compatibility
Speakeasy Solutions suggests the following optimal PC specifications:
- Windows 7 64-bit OS or Windows 10 64-bit OS
- i7 quad core CPU
- 16 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
- Solid State Drive
- Windows OS: 10, 8, 7
- MS Office Desktop Installation: 2016, 2013, 2010
- MS Office 365 Online: Basic text control only. There is NO support for Office voice commands, and NO support for Dragon’s full text control (the ability to edit & correct text by voice).
- Internet Explorer 11, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome