Dragon® Professional Individual for Mac
Dragon® Professional Individual for Mac works with your favourite Apple applications, including Mail, iChat, iCal, TextEdit, Pages, Safari and many more.
Dragon® Professional Individual for Mac 6 Overview
Introducing the all-new Dragon Professional Individual for Mac, v6. With an all-new, next-generation speech engine leveraging Deep Learning technology, enable more accurate dictation and transcription, along with powerful customization and mobility features to drive documentation productivity—wherever work takes you.
Whether you’re creating documents, spreadsheets or presentations, sending emails, filling out forms or simply looking to reduce typing stress, Dragon® Professional Individual for Mac drives productivity at work. Dictate and transcribe documents with a fully customizable experience that optimizes speed and accuracy. Even connect to the Dragon Anywhere mobile app for iOS or Android for an end-to-end voice productivity solution that helps you work smarter and faster wherever your job takes you.
Powered by Deep Learning
Get documents done faster and more accurately.
With a next-generation speech engine leveraging Deep Learning technology, Dragon Professional Individual for Mac, v6 is more accurate than ever and adapts to your voice or environmental variations even while you’re dictating. Quickly dictate and edit documents and reports, send email and notes, or create and fill out forms within the latest Mac applications — all by voice.
- Speed through document creation 3x faster than typing with up to 99% recognition accuracy.
- Optimizes accuracy for speakers with accents or in slight noisy environments such as an office cubicle.
- Supports the latest applications, including Microsoft Word 2016 and Microsoft Outlook 2016, Apple Pages, Apple Keynote, Apple Numbers, and Scrivener, with Full Text Control, for fully voice-driven editing and command capabilities.
Turn voice files into text — instantly.
With Dragon Professional Individual for Mac, you can transcribe voice recordings from a smartphone or portable voice recorder, podcasts or audio files of any single speaker’s voice to text quickly, easily and accurately. Streamlined setup makes transcription faster and easier than ever.
- Transcribe from .mp3 aif, .aiff, .wav, .mp4, .m4a, .m4v.
- Complete transcription quickly and accurately with no voice training required even for third-party speakers.
- Transcribe any single speaker’s voice from pre-recorded audio files or from podcasts.
- Use transcription Batch Mode and save time if you have multiple audio files to transcribe.
Tailor and customize to your business needs.
With powerful customization features, Dragon Professional Individual for Mac lets you personalize the software to your unique business needs. Add custom words such as specific industry terms, quickly insert frequently-used text or create simple voice commands to shortcut repetitive tasks — all by voice — so you can work faster and smarter.
- Import and export custom word lists for acronyms or other unique business-specific phrases you frequently use.
- Insert frequently-used text like boilerplate content or signature blocks by voice.
- Create custom voice commands to short-cut repetitive steps or automate multi-step processes.
Faster and more accurate than ever. Dragon Professional Individual for Mac expands the possibilities of speech recognition innovation with a next-generation speech engine, significantly increasing accuracy over previous versions. Dragon uniquely brings consistent, optimal accuracy to the Mac, with Deep Learning technology and adaptation techniques that continuously adjust to your voice or environmental variations, even while you’re dictating.
Updated application support. Dragon empowers you to work even more quickly and accurately by voice with support for Full Text Control* within the latest business applications.
* Full Text Control requires adoption of Apple’s Accessibility API
Formatting and other recognition improvements, for minimal editing. Dragon delivers improved recognition of number, email address formatting and place names based on how we naturally speak, resulting in fewer overall corrections.
Improved user interface and experience. Dragon delivers an improved user experience that makes powerful features easier to discover and use.
Enhanced transcription. The enhanced transcription process leverages all the accuracy
improvements gained from the stateof-the-art engine, while reducing the number of steps required to getting your audio recordings transcribed.
Transcription Batch Mode. Now use Batch Mode and save time if you have multiple audio files to transcribe. In the Transcription Window, simply drop as many files that you need to have transcribed to the “Audio Files to Transcribe” list, and Dragon Professional Individual for Mac transcribes them all together, quickly and efficiently.
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz or faster processor - Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 recommended.
RAM: 4GB, 8GB+ recommended
FREE HARD DISK SPACE: 8 GB
OPERATING SYSTEM: OS X El Capitan (10.11) or macOS Sierra (10.12).
- Dragon Professional for Mac 6 Product Data Sheet
- Dragon Professional for Mac 6 Feature Matrix
- What's New in Dragon in Dragon Professional for Mac 6
- Dragon Professional for Mac 6 Command Cheat Sheet
- Dragon Professional for Mac 6 Installation Guide
- Dragon Professional for Mac 6 User Guide
Place an Order
Additional Notes from Speakeasy Solutions
Installations & License
Dragon® Professional Individual for Mac may be installed on 1 computer, with an additional computer as a backup. Additional computer installations require additional license purchases. This differs from Dragon Professional for PC which permits installation on 4 computers.
Is Dragon for Mac the same as Dragon Professional (for PC)?
Dragon for Mac is based on the same speech recognition engine as Dragon Professional (for PC), and offers excellent recognition accuracy.
However, Dragon for Mac's ease of use and flexibility (i.e. vocabulary editor, application compatibility, features etc.) is not the same as Dragon Professional (for PC) -- although is vastly improved from previous Mac speech recognition products.
- The correction process in the Mac edition involves additional steps over the PC edition.
- The vocabulary editor is severely restricted. You cannot delete words, modify their written/printed form or utilize any of the same features available in the PC edition.
- There is no capability for roaming user profiles (i.e. synchronizing a user profile across multiple networked computers) in the Mac edition. If you use multiple Macs (i.e. several exam rooms), you will need to export your user profile and then import to the other Macs and there is where they will separate.
- The Mac product can only be installed on 2 computers.
Bottom line: If deciding between Mac or PC variants, choose the PC variant of Dragon. However, Dragon for Mac will be quite helpful for those already using a Mac in their office. Dictating is, after all, faster than typing, and the accuracy is fantastic.